Affirmative prayer is the highest form of creative thought. Affirmative prayer includes the release of counterproductive, negative thoughts, as well as holding in mind statements of spiritual truth. Through meditation, we experience the presence of God. Prayer and meditation heighten our awareness align us with God and thereby transform our lives.
Unity teaches that prayer is an essential principle in the development of a vibrant Spiritual life. When practiced regularly it raises an individual’s consciousness and strengthens their connection with the Divine. Prayer is a personal experience. However, Unity offers several opportunities for you to be supported in prayer.
Unity Prayer Chaplains are available to you for:
- Person to person, confidential prayer after service. Prayer Chaplains are identified by their purple stoles during the service, and are available in the quiet room after service.
Other Prayer request options:
- Submit a prayer request in the prayer box before, during or after services by writing your request on the tab of the offering envelope or on the comment card. These requests are then taken into prayer by the Prayer Chaplains for three weeks then sent to Silent Unity ( as Unity Headquarters) in Kansas City, MO and held in prayer in the Unity Chapel for 30 days.
- You may submit an online prayer request. Complete the form and the prayer request will go to the chaplains' email for prayer.
- You may mail a prayer request to the Church at Unity of Tampa 3302 W. Horatio Street Tampa, FL 33609
- Call Silent Unity, the Worldwide Prayer Ministry, which is available 24/7, at 1-800-969-2000 (English) or 1-816-969-2020 (Spanish)