Welcome to the Youth and Family Ministry
A Warm Welcome to our NEW YFM Director: Dr. George Peraza-Smith
George is currently an Associate Dean of Academic Affairs with United States University, College of Nursing in Chula Vista, California. Yes, he works in California and lives here in Florida! George works primarily from home and goes to California for 1 to 2 weeks at a time every 3 months or so. He obtained a doctorate in nursing practice from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. In his spare time(!), he volunteers as a Nurse Practitioner once a week at the Brandon Outreach Clinic. George and his spouse, Adriel, have two children - Avah age 7 and Avan age 3.
Thank you for choosing Unity of Tampa as your family's spiritual home. Our intention is to provide you with an environment that supports and nourishes you on your spiritual journey. We look forward to the opportunity to work with your family as you become part of our spiritual community.
Who we are:
As a spiritual youth community, we provide a safe place of love and acceptance where our children and teens experience the recognition of their oneness of God.
What We Believe:
Unity's 5 Basic Principles:
1. God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
2. I am naturally good because God's Divinity is in me and in everyone.
3. I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
5. I do and give my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference!
A Living Curriculum 5 point checklist:
1. Identify: Each lesson begins with an issue or theme that will be explored.
2. The Vehicle: Either a Bible story, sacred literature, movie clip, life event or song are used to introduce the issue or theme. This creates a common experience that everyone can connect to.
3. The Discussion: This is the heart of each lesson. The questions used invite the students to see how the issue is happening to the characters in the story, how it is happening in their lives and the world around them and helps
them come to their own conclusions as to how to experience life from a deeper, more connected place.
4. The Creative Experience: The creative experiences are open ended activities that invite the students to play in what they have heard and shared and to explore how it is relevant to their lives.
5. The Sharing: Each lesson ends with an opportunity for the students to share what they have experienced. They are also encouraged to take the new discoveries home with them and use them in their daily lives.
Tampa Youth of Unity Statments
Tampa Youth of Unity follows the Unity Principles with truth, love and understanding. We create a welcoming, accepting and fun-loving atmosphere. We